Sunday, November 8, 2009

Feb-Mar 09


I know what you are thinking, how did he get something with a track that long stuck. Carb frost, the carburator was sticking so the machine jumped between stages of wide open and idleing. I just needed a little shove and I was on my way. We rented this 800 ski doo and a 600. It was a day full of trouble. We didn't know there was a little valve that would defrost the carb on this machine. Greg Harr and I had purchased a late model, low mile machine. This being it's maiden voyage for us, we opened it up on a open field and siezed the engine. After towing it back, we headed out again. I was now doubled up on Aaron Butikofers antique trail machine. This thing had metal skiis and nubbs for tread on his track. Ironically, it was the only machine that never had a problem. The 600 we rented I ended up losing controll of doing a hill climb,(actually on the decent) and wrapped it around a tree. I was spared any major injury by being deflected, as I went over the handle bars, by my guardian angel. Lessons learned: Always bring at least one ex-college football player and a couple of extra buddies with you in case you need to peel your machine off a tree.

No comments: